Prepare the body, mind, and soul for motherhood through Yoga Therapy. This article details some well-known benefits of yoga for pregnant women.
The discipline of yoga and meditation has been shown to be effective in all three spheres of life – physical, psychical, and spiritual. From managing stress to relieving pain and from treating chronic diseases to bringing a sense of happiness, yoga and meditation are revered by many for its benefits.
The wonderful science of yoga can also be directed at expectant mothers and their unborn. Prenatal Yoga Classes are a great way to experience a full range of postures and learn the alignment appropriate for the changing body. Prenatal yoga practices help decrease the pain and exhaustion one may feel during the first trimester. Yoga during pregnancy can address the varying issues faced by the pregnant women and provide them with strengthening and supporting ways to work.
Delve into a gentle and attractive yoga practice uniquely designed for pregnant women known as ‘the prenatal yoga’ and reward yourself and the baby with health and wellness. Let’s have a closer look at some benefits:
1. Cope with the Changes: Pregnancy can bring about myriad physical and emotional changes. The yoga asanas, breathwork, and meditation practices provide a healthy way to cope with these fluctuations with ease. All the hard work that you do on the mat – learning to build endurance, understanding to relax the muscles, and coping with stress serve as an effective preparation for giving birth too. Consider a yoga retreat to have a chance to enjoy nature and to develop scientific coping techniques useful in the pregnancy and childbirth.
2. Learn to Breathe: Prenatal yoga gives the pregnant woman the golden opportunity to feel their body and breath. The conscious effort to take deep breaths during the performance of postures quells stress hormones and triggers relaxation. The ujjayi and alternate nostril breathing techniques are seen to be highly beneficial for the mother and the child by encouraging more oxygen-flow in the body.
3. Relax and Rejuvenate: A wonderful benefit of prenatal yoga is the lesson of relaxation. The long journey of nine months with accompanying hormonal changes can be overwhelming for many mothers-to-be. Prenatal yoga practices offer rest and comfort, encouraging physiological changes. Learning to relax is a key skill for pregnant women that helps during labour pains. A prenatal yoga retreat can be a great way to rejuvenate and spend some quality time with your baby.
4. Heal the Spine and Hips: As the belly grows the hips and spine compensate. The spine curvature increases and the hips tighten. Yoga during pregnancy restores the lost flexibility and strength in the posterior and spine. Lunge yoga poses are a great way to work on stiff hips.
5. Body Awareness and Connection to the Baby: Pregnancy is a time to nurture yourself and the precious life growing inside. And, prenatal yoga shows us the way to do exactly the same. Yoga during pregnancy can help us slow down and get in tune with the body on some of the deepest levels. Yogic tools assist us in reaching the depths of our muscles, organs, etc., allowing us to focus on what is going on inside and to the baby. The depth of awareness gives us the chance to connect with the baby on a very profound level.
6. For a Safer and Easier Labor: Hyperventilating breath during labour are long gone. Research has shown that calm and deep breaths increase focus and decrease pain. Prenatal yoga exercises help pregnant women form habits of rhythmic breathing preparing them for the big day.
Wishing all the pregnant mothers a happier, healthier journey. Enjoy motherhood with Prenatal Yoga!