It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1513252361 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 8 2 => 8 id_member => 1499080028 3 => 1499080028 posts_title => 5 de-stressing yoga poses for mothers 4 => 5 de-stressing yoga poses for mothers posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1513252361 6 => 1513252361 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => yoga-poses-relieve-stress-mothers 9 => yoga-poses-relieve-stress-mothers posts_modified => 1514459616 10 => 1514459616 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 986 13 => 986 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Manmohan 15 => Manmohan photographer_name => wandabadwalyoga.com 16 => wandabadwalyoga.com feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => yoga helping moms cope with stress 22 => yoga helping moms cope with stress writer_lastname => Singh 23 => Singh photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 42685 28 => 42685 state_code => UL 29 => UL country_code => IN 30 => IN idStates => 5259 31 => 5259 id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => yoga poses relieve stress mothers 33 => yoga poses relieve stress mothers id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1312976175,1287107126,0 35 => 1312976175,1287107126,0 keywords => yoga poses relieve stress mothers 36 => yoga poses relieve stress mothers img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
Becoming a mother is usually a delightful feeling. However, many mothers are super stressed. This stress boils down to the expectations placed upon a woman, such as expectations around how great you’ll be as a mother, how well you will raise your kids, and how your house should look, feel and function. Moreover, women’s attention is often fractured: baby is crying, kids are fighting, and partner is disagreeing again. It can get chaotic at times, and a regular yoga practice can help.
Yoga is the union of mind, body, and soul. A prolonged practice of yoga not only helps you stay present in each moment but also helps with eternal peace and well being.
Benefits of a regular yoga practice include a strong and pliable body, improved functionality of the digestive system and respiratory system, and a balanced hormonal system. Additionally, yoga does wonders for the brain. It releases tension and anxiety from the mind, aids in curing depression, cultivates a sense of peace and induces emotional stability.
Mothers aspiring to balance the demands of life while taking care of their little ones should consider a regular yoga routine. Five de-stressing yoga poses to practice include:
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Pose: Begin in a tabletop position on a yoga mat. Your wrists should be directly under your shoulders, and your knees should be directly under your hips. Exhale. Curl your toes under and lift your knees up off the floor. Slowly straighten your legs and come into an upside down position. Rest your head and gaze between your legs. Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths. The pose rejuvenates the mind.
2. Paschimottanasana or Seated Forward Fold: Sit on a yoga mat with legs stretched out in front of you. You can also place a folded blanket under your hips for extra support. Inhale. Lengthen your spine and raise your arms overhead. Upon exhalation, bend forward at the hips. Rest your torso over your thighs. Place your head and chin on your legs, if possible. Extend your hands forward and grab the big toes of both the feet with your hands. Remain in this pose for 60 seconds. The pose relieves stress from the back.
3. Balasana or Child’s Pose: Come into a tabletop position and spread your knees hip-width apart. Place your posterior on your heels. While breathing out, bow forward and bring your chest on top of the thighs. Rest your head on the ground if possible. Make sure your arms are long and extended. Keep your eyes closed. Remain in this pose for as long as is comfortable. It calms the brain and relaxes the hip.
4. Viparita Karani or Legs Up The Wall: Sit on a yoga mat on your left side against the wall.Turn to your left side and bring your legs up the wall. You can also use your hands to balance your body as you lift your legs up. Rest your back on the floor and lie down. Let your head and shoulders rest on the ground. Close your eyes and retain the pose for 30-60 seconds. The posture helps reduce anxiety, relieves headaches and allows you to sleep better.
5. Baddha Konasana or Butterfly Pose: Sit upright on the floor with legs stretched in front of you. Bend your knees and draw your heels toward your pelvis. Bring the soles of your feet together. Let your knees drop open. Hold the feet or big toes with your hands firmly. Keep breathing and flap your knees like the wings of a butterfly. Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds. It is a great stress reliever and relaxant.
Practice these top five yoga postures to melt away your tensions and stress, and get rewarded with serenity.