It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
|About us | Contact us | Guidelines | Opportunities | Wish List | LOGIN | SIGN UP TO JOIN|
Geranium is a small, tender, South African perennial whose essential oil was not distilled until the nineteenth century. Since it is a veritable medicine cabinet with a lovely scent, it became an instant hit. It is also an insect repellent, and one that is certainly more aromatically pleasing than the commonly used citronella.
It was once known as ‘a herb of Venus the god of love’ and used in sweetheart sachets and potions. Geranium was also seen as a protective herb by many ancient races and used as a talisman to ward off evil snakes and spirits. Its main medicinal use in the past was the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
• Antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent; stops bleeding, possibly gently stimulates the adrenals and normalises hormones.
• Calms the mind, relaxes the body, and eases frustration and irritability. Users report that it seems to boost the psyche and cheer the spirit.
• It is also said to have strong regenerative themes and gently helps to balance, uplift, refresh and restore the harmony of the soul.
• Ideal for the workaholic perfectionist. Helps inspire imagination and intuition.
• Inhale this pleasant scent to treat PMS, menopause, fluid retention, and other hormone-related problems, or include it in body rubs and baths. Use in the bath for PMT, stress, moodiness and hangover.
• Use in massage blend with rose and lavender for restorative relaxation.
• Used as an anti-depressant, to get relief from PMT, menopausal problems, moodiness, hangover, anxiety and tension.
• Also good for aging skin. A popular skin therapy, the essential oil treats a host of problems including inflammation, eczema, acne, burns, infected wounds, fungus (like ringworm), lice, shingles, and herpes. It also decreases scarring and stretch marks.
• Use it in the form of a salve, cream, lotion, or massage/body oil, whichever is most appropriate.
• It balances all complexion types and is said to delay wrinkling. It is beneficial for treating cellulite, fluid retention and oedema of the ankles.
Use in potpourri for a sweet, fresh aroma. Use in vaporizer for an uplifting, refreshing fragrance.