It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1490067833 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 24 2 => 24 id_member => 1487815013 3 => 1487815013 posts_title => all about spearmint oil 4 => all about spearmint oil posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1490067833 6 => 1490067833 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => spearmint-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips 9 => spearmint-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips posts_modified => 1501908749 10 => 1501908749 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 587 13 => 587 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Lucie 15 => Lucie photographer_name => https://shop.frederickbenjamin.com 16 => https://shop.frederickbenjamin.com feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => mentha spicata 22 => mentha spicata writer_lastname => Middeldorf 23 => Middeldorf photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 2337456 28 => 2337456 state_code => MZ 29 => MZ country_code => PC 30 => PC idStates => 31 => id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => spearmint essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 33 => spearmint essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1421701745 35 => 1421701745 keywords => spearmint essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 36 => spearmint essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
The oil is taken from the flowers and leaves.
The ancient Greeks used it to scent their bath water and it had a reputation for curing sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea.
During medieval times it was used to heal sore gums and also to whiten teeth.
The Romans introduced it to Britain, where it was used to stop milk curdling. Unlike peppermint, spearmint does not contain high amounts of menthol. The US is the major producer of spearmint essential oil, which is steam-distilled from the fresh flowering tops.
• Spearmint has traditionally been used as an aromatic, stomachic, stimulant, antiseptic and local anaesthetic. It has an uplifting effect on the nervous system and is used to treat acne and congested skin.
• Aligns your energy and your intentions -- invigorates the weary.
• Antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, cephalic, emmenagogue, insecticide, restorative and stimulant.
• The zingy, penetrating, light-hearted fragrance of spearmint is said to encourage you to think happily and simply as you revisit the precious memories of your childhood.
• A helpful oil to use when the mind is tired and in need of stimulating and uplifting.
• Spearmint contains only small amounts of menthol. This means it is far less harsh on the skin and is better to use for children than peppermint.
• Its most commonly used at this time as a flavoring in toothpastes, chewing gum, candy and mouthwashes.
• Spearmint is prized as a energizer for virility -- in men and animals. It has long been a popular aid to cure frigidity in women. It can help to stem the flow of heavy periods and releases urine retention.
• A restorative massage oil that may be beneficial for impotence, fatigue, exhaustion and shock.
• Spearmint is very useful to deal with digestive problems including flatulence, constipation, diarrhea and nausea, as it relaxes the stomach muscles and also relieves hiccups.
• It can help with headaches, migraines, fatigue and stress. It is also useful with asthma, bronchitis, catarrh and sinusitis.
• On the skin it can relieve the itching of pruritus and helps with acne, dermatitis, congested skin and sore gums.