It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1490063955 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 24 2 => 24 id_member => 1487815013 3 => 1487815013 posts_title => all about rosemary oil 4 => all about rosemary oil posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1490063955 6 => 1490063955 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => rosemary-essential-oil-effects-uses-beauty-tips 9 => rosemary-essential-oil-effects-uses-beauty-tips posts_modified => 1504761924 10 => 1504761924 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 392 13 => 392 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Lucie 15 => Lucie photographer_name => http://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com 16 => http://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => rosemarinus officinalis 22 => rosemarinus officinalis writer_lastname => Middeldorf 23 => Middeldorf photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 2337456 28 => 2337456 state_code => MZ 29 => MZ country_code => PC 30 => PC idStates => 31 => id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => rosemary essential oil effects uses beauty tips 33 => rosemary essential oil effects uses beauty tips id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1421701745 35 => 1421701745 keywords => rosemary essential oil effects uses beauty tips 36 => rosemary essential oil effects uses beauty tips img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
The oil is taken from the heartwood of the plant.
Regarded as sacred in many civilisations, rosemary has variously been used for driving away evil spirits, as a fumigant, as protection against plague, at weddings, feasts and funerals -- and as both a remembrance and an aid to joyful memories.
The ancients also used rosemary as a respiratory ailment treatment and as sacred incense in some religious ceremonies. Sprigs of rosemary have been found in Egyptian Tombs (3000 BC.) It was believed that placing a sprig of rosemary under a pillow before sleep would repel nightmares, and if placed outside the home it would repel witches.
The folklore developed from this practice says the woman rules the household in homes and gardens where rosemary grows abundantly. By the 16th century this became a bone of contention and men were known to rip up rosemary bushes to show that they ruled the roost.
• Associated with the third eye (brow chakra), rosemary is a psychic protector with therapeutic properties.
• Antiseptic, astringent and antioxidant, rosemary is said to relieve rheumatic and muscle pain, relax nerves, improve digestion and appetite and increase sweating.
• Rosemary's invigorating fragrance stimulates alertness and strength in the senses. It encourages clarity and creativity, rekindles energies and nourishes intuition through a heightened sensitivity to situations and surroundings. Rosemary helps prepare the body and mind for meditation and prayer.
• Rosemary oil has a pronounced action on the brain and the central nervous system. It is thought to be wonderful for clearing the mind, fostering mental awareness and improving the memory.
• The benefits of rosemary essential oil in treating respiratory problems are unmatched. The oil is used in treating respiratory allergies, the common cold, sore throat and flu.
• Since rosemary oil is antiseptic, it is effective for respiratory infections as well. The oil is antispasmodic and is used in bronchial asthma.
• As an ingredient in a massage oil, compress or bath, rosemary essential oil is considered excellent for increasing poor circulation and easing muscle and rheumatic pain. It is especially penetrating when used in a liniment.
• Added to shampoos, rosemary has a pronounced positive effect on the health of the hair and scalp. It increases the circulation to the scalp and is therefore also effective for promoting hair growth.
• The diuretic properties of rosemary oil are useful with reducing water retention during menstruation, and also with obesity and cellulite.
The oil is used in room fresheners, candles and perfumes due to its aroma. When inhaled, it brings mental energy and also clears the respiratory tract. Spray a mixture of rosemary essential oil and water to remove bad odor from a room.