Raw Chocolate Sauce
Published: 15-06-2012 - Last Edited: 19-08-2021
This easy and healthy chocolate sauce can be used as a dip for cookies, fruits or popsicles…or fingers!
raw chocolate sauce ingredients
- 3/4 cup raw chocolate powder (or Van Houten powder)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter (melted “bain Marie” style)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- or 1 tablespoon tahini
- or 1 tablespoon peanut butter
how to prepare raw chocolate sauce ingredients
Step 1. Place the cacao butter in a bowl and melt over boiling water, “Bain Marie” style.
Step 2. Pour and mix all other ingredients in a mixing bowl and add quickly to the melted cacao butter. Mix vigorously and rapidly so the cacao butter does not harden.
Step 3. Once you’ve got the mix just right, pour into a glass container, it’s ready to use!
Step 4. Cover and store in the fridge. Reheat “Bain Marie” style to liquefy the sauce, whenever in need of this liquid love!
Dip finger in. Lick. Love.
* This very same recipe can be used to make chocolate bonbons using a chocolate mold.