It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
|About us | Contact us | Guidelines | Opportunities | Wish List | LOGIN | SIGN UP TO JOIN|
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cooking Time: n/a min.
This delicious topping is full of flavor and a great tomato-alternative for those avoiding low acid foods!
• Place the oil in a saucepan and heat on medium.
• Sauté the onion.
• Add the garlic and fennel seeds and stir until onion is cooked through.
• Add the carrots, beets, and basil; stir for one minute.
• Add a bit of water and raise heat to boil.
• Turn heat to low once boiling and keep simmering without lid.
• Dilute miso as desired by adding water.
• Add water to about one-fourth of an inch in the pan and heat to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and keep simmering without a lid. Dilute the miso.
The nomato topping can be served hot or cold. We like to use it as a sauce on a dish such as the herbed millet squares.