The oil is taken from the flowering tips of orange blossom.
Named after Anna Maria de la Tremoille, Princess of Neroli (Italy) who loved the exquisite orange blossom fragrance so much she used it to perfume everything in her life.
Orange blossoms were woven into a bride’s bouquet for hundreds of years to ensure good luck, happiness and fertility to the bridal couple. A bride who wore orange blossoms in her hair was proclaiming her virginity. The blossoms were also placed on the bridal bed to calm nervous apprehension before the bridal couple retired to the bed chamber.
On the other hand, Madrid’s ‘women of the night’ wore neroli as a perfume to seduce and lure clients. For these reasons, neroli symbolizes both seduction and sexual purity.
• Fosters empowered choices from a quiet contemplation.
• Sedative; can help relieve muscle spasms and cramping and stimulate circulation.
• A proven anti-depressant, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, bactericidal, cicatrisant.
• Soothing, tranquillising and slightly hypnotic, neroli has earned a reputation as an exquisite aphrodisiac. It is extremely valuable for soothing a troubled spirit and easing away anxiety. It brings joyful calmness and the quiet confidence to trust your choices.
• With a purifying and uplifting fragrance, it has been proven an effective aid to meditation, prayer and the search for inner truth.
• A very safe oil that is often used in pregnancy and labour to ease tensions and soothe the body. Neroli’s favoured use is for circulation problems, especially hemorrhoids and high blood pressure.
• For the ultimate luxury, add it to your bath to ease tension from PMS, menopause, or life in general.
• Neroli oil is very relaxing. It also helps insomnia. As one of the essential oils with the most sedative effects, neroli is useful for treating depression, anxiety and shock, and is also effective in calming heart palpitations, treating headaches, neuralgia and vertigo.
• Useful when a patient is convalescing, neroli is a good general tonic.
• It makes a wonderfully fragrant and effective cosmetic for mature, dry, and sensitive skin and is also one of the best essential oils to add to a vaginal cream during menopause.
• It reputedly regenerates skin cells and has anti-aging properties. When used in a cream or lotion it not only fights stretch marks and broken capillaries on the skin, but also prevents ugly scarring.
• Its action of stimulating cell growth and cellular activity helps it to rejuvenate and regenerate the skin.
Not suitable when a clear head is essential.