Peacefully existing in a community of hipsters, families, artists, and entrepreneurs in the trendy Brooklyn neighbourhood of Greenpoint, a crystal shining, aromatherapy oil scented healing centre beckons.
Awakening NY on Manhattan Avenue near the Nassau G stop or a healthy walk from the Bedford L stop in Williamsburg, is an urban oasis offering wellness through yoga and pilates classes, massage, reiki treatments, aura, chakra, and crystal healing to name a few of their large variety of healing modalities.
Their mission statement says: “You are perfect. We are here to remind you how to find that in yourself.” You can find 1-month unlimited access for $55 and try all the different yoga teachers and classes offered. Their schedule includes Vinyasa, Hatha Vinyasa, Flow & Restore, Kundalini, and Classic Hatha yoga.
I made my way through the shop to the back where there is room to leave your things and enter a studio free from the outside world. The studio is quiet and serene and I could tell the class was filled with regulars. I took 5 different classes with 5 different teachers over the month and enjoyed each one. Every teacher is highly experienced and brought a different perspective to yoga practice.
The Classic Hatha class was definitely something you don’t find in most New York yoga studios. Coming from a Hatha background myself, I was really excited for this slower more internally focused practice. The class is challenging yet incredibly rewarding.
The Sunday morning Reiki Flow & Restore class was also particularly lovely and a wonderful balance of two opposite energies, from flowing Vinyasa to stilling Restorative poses.
Awakening is an inviting place where you will feel immediately that everyone’s purpose is wellness.
Lifestyle guide for
the modern yogi
the modern yogi
- savoir dire ‘non’ pour obtenir un ‘oui’
- studio 440, répétition et enregistrement à paris montreuil
- les 9 intelligences selon howard gardner
- vaincre la résistance au changement
- je ne suis pas mes comportements négatifs !
- que faire si mon partenaire n’est pas sur un chemin d’éveil?
- vivre mieux – l’art de ne rien faire en bonne conscience
- le conflit, une opportunité de créer du lien
- yoga au buddha-bar
- comment devenir professeur de yoga ?
- la méditation en entreprise
- онлайн курсы инструкторов йоги