Yogi Times is Your Lifestyle Media
The Yogi Times Lifestyle City Guide is written by YOU for YOU in each city and is as relevant and helpful as our local and international community makes it.
Ready to contribute Here are the 4 easy steps to publishing your review.
1. Create an account or log on to yogitimes.com
2. Choose a category for your review:
• Restaurant & Cafes
• Studios & Centers
• Organic markets
• About Town (reviews of what your city has to offer)
• Books, CD, DVD
• Hotels & Resorts
• Shops3. Read our writer’s guidelines below and write your review
Keep your review between 200-300 words max. See the guidelines below.
Review Guidelines – what we want to read about
The people behind the business – be sure to research for accuracy!
The food/the service/ the product offered
The uniqueness of the place
Any ethical practices, corporate culture, etc. worth mentioning
7. What is yogic about this place
Upload up to five high quality, horizontal 530x350 pixel photos. Due to the design of the website, please either upload one photo or five photos. Anything in between creates some empty space. If you are on a MAC, a snapshot (Shift/Command/4) of the photo on the screen will also work, as long as the photo is horizontal and not too small.
Add a video (optional):
Adding a quick video of the places you are reviewing makes the review vibrant and playful. It's a simple and accessible way to allow our readers to get a quick peak into the places you are writing about. If you don't like to be on camera, you can do the same as the samples below without showing yourself in the same matter, but just a quick hello at the beginning or the end or not at all.
We keep these videos non-edited, simple, and friendly to give it an authentic and community vibe, and when possible no longer than 1 minute. http://bit.ly/1FM4su4 - & - http://bit.ly/1N778VZ
Select UPLOAD YOUR REVIEWS
on the left menu bar of your personal account then follow the instructions.
You will be notified by email when your review is published. You will also be informed, if, for some reason, your revew is not published.
Thank you for your participation. The YOGI TiMES’ team and the community look forward to reading your contribution soon! Together we can build a useful and inspiring guide of your city!
Questions Email us: editors [at ] yogitimes.com
Ready to participate and contribute Click here to create an account
• We want to hear about your first hand consumer experience, not someone else’s opinion. However, write in 3rd person and keep it consistent (e.g. “you” v. mixing “you” and “I”)
• Inform and inspire without being preachy. Stay away from negative comments. Use a fun non-violent tone of communication.
• Offer a rich, playful narrative, a wealth of detail and a helpful tip or two for readers.
• Less is more – keep things as succinct as possible
• Use explanation points sparingly
• Make sure your review is fully accurateMaintain a clearly defined, single purpose, make a clear point and support that point with specific information.
• No double space after a period.
• The word yoga
has a lowercase “y,” unless part of a noun such as Kriya Yoga, then uppercase is used.
*Yogi Times promotes a vegetarian and plant-based lifestyle, therefore; avoid articles encouraging the consumption of animal products. However, you may discuss the pros and cons of being a vegetarian or a vegan, etc. To all the contributors worldwide, a short note of appreciation
We do what we do in the first place because WE LOVE PEOPLE and TO CREATE COMMUNITY!
We are ALWAYS open to hear your suggestions, comments, critiques and ideas on any particular aspect of Yogi Times (editorial, marketing, website improvement, flow of work, brand image, etc.) so please, do not ever hesitate to speak up and offer your comments to us.
It is always appreciated and, when possible, we love to see these ideas implemented right away.
Last but not least, know that your participation makes a HUGE difference, we see it first end everyday be the amazing flow of emails coming to us from the community, and we want to deeply thank you for supporting us in offering a growing and improving independent media.
Thank you for “doing it” with us.
You can always reach us personally at sp [at] yogitimes.com at jesse [at] yogitimes.com
Register here to start writing