YOGA WRITERS GUIDELINES ONLINE MAGAZINE
YOGI TIMES is Your Lifestyle Media.
Thank you for "doing it” with us!
We are thrilled that you are interested in “doing it” that is, WRITING and CONTRIBUTING to YOGI TIMES’ editorial content to help our mission to raise consciousness within communities worldwide.
YOGITIMES.com is created and written by YOU for YOU and is as relevant and helpful as our local and international community and contributors make it (that's you!)
If you are ready to contribute to YOGI TIMES (yeah!) by writing an article or a review, please follow these 3 simple steps.
1. Choose a topic of interest for articles and reviews
- LIVE HEALTHY (everything about health & nutrition)
- COOK YUMMY (recipes)
- DO BUSINESS (providing support to conscious business owners in various fields: legal, marketing, finance, consulting, etc.)
- CULTIVATE RELATIONSHIPS (everything about family, kids, couples, relationships)
- BE SPIRITUAL (wisdom & scriptures)
- START TRAVELING (eco traveling & green hospitality)
- GO GREEN (everything for home green living)
- PRACTICE YOGA (everything about yoga)
- READ REVIEWS (reviews of products, media, places, teachers)
- STAY IN FASHION (all about eco fashion)
- About Town (reviews of what your city has to offer)
- Hotels & Resorts
- Restaurant & Cafes
- Studios & Centers
2. Read our writer’s guidelines (below) and write your article or review.
Not a YOGI TIMES' community member yet Register now or log on to your account if you are already one.
Select UPLOAD YOUR ARTICLE or UPLOAD YOUR REVIEWS on the left menu bar of your personal account then follow the instructions.
You will be notified by email when your article is published. You will also be informed, if, for some reason, your article is not published.
Thank you for your participation. The YOGI TIMES’ team and the community look forward to reading your contribution soon!
Questions Email us at email@example.com - Ready to participate and contribute click here to create an account.
YOGI TIMES Review Guidelines - What we want to read about
- You can write about whatever interests you - whatever you find yourself passionately sharing with family, friends, associates, etc., as long as you stay within our selected topics and your article is inspiring, mindful and informative (not advertorial)
- Make sure your article is between 700 - 1500 words and your review between 250 - 350 words.
3. Submit your article
1. The location/ the atmosphere / the décor
2. The people behind the business (please do a little research for accuracy)
3. The food/the service/the product offered
4. The staff
5. The uniqueness of the place
6. Any ethical practices, corporate culture, etc... worth mentioning.
You can create fresh up-to-date reviews in your local area.
a. Identify a list of places you would like to review
b. Read the guideline.
c. Upload a fully copy edited version into your YT account.
d. Upload up to five high quality, horizontal 646x442 pixel photos. Due to the design of the website, please either upload one photo or five photos. Anything in between creates some empty space. If you are on a MAC, a snapshot (Shift/command/4) of the photo on the screen will also work, as long as the photo is not too small and horizontal.
We want to hear about your first hand consumer experience, not someone else’s opinion. However write in 3rd person and keep it consistent (e.g. “you” vs. mixing “you” and “I”)
1. Inform and inspire without being preachy. Stay away from negative comments. Use a fun non-violent tone of communication.
2. Offer a rich playful narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for readers. Describe feelings, atmosphere, and the experience. This draws a reader into reading the content.
3. Less is more - keep things as succinct as possible.
4. Avoid use of references, foreign words, etc. that readership won’t understand (unless explained in the text or at the end).
5. Use exclamation points sparingly!!!!!!!
6. Keep reviews to 350 words max.
7. Accuracy please. Make sure your review is factually correct.
YOGI TIMES Article Guidelines - What we want to read about
What to Write:
We strive for uplifting content that will enhance the overall editorial well of YOGI TIMES. We only accept fresh original content that has not yet been published anywhere else online (please DO NOT SUBMIT ARTICLES THAT ARE ON YOUR BLOG, GOOGLE SEES IT AS DUPLICATE CONTENT)
1. We like eloquent, informative, concise and playful content.
2. Inform, educate, share & inspire without being preachy.
3. Keep the content effortless, like a communication between friends " this way it’s just genuine and easy going and stay away from an “us” and “them” feeling.
4. Stay within our subjects categories.
5. Keep your article between 700 and 1500 words and your reviews between 250 and 350 words max.
Our Principles of Good Writing.
1. Quality is more important to us than quantity.
2. Good writing has a clearly defined single purpose, makes a clear point, and supports that point with specific information.
3. The information is clearly connected, arranged and entertaining. The words are appropriate, and the sentences are clear, concise, and accurate.
4. Please NO DOUBLE SPACE after a period. It creates to many copy editing mistake. Only one single space is safer and requires less editing.
5. The word yoga is used with a lower case y. But where it clearly is part of a noun, such as in Kriya Yoga the uppercase is used.
To make your article more compelling
A few questions:
• Does my submission provide genuine value
• Does my contribution inspire people to become more conscious and aware
• Is the information in my article current and accurate. Is it timely
• Why will the reader care about this Will it hook our readers
What Not to Write:
• Please, no fear-based, and/or judgmental (or forceful) content.
• No advertorial (stories that self-promote) - Keep a journalistic approach.
• YOGI TIMES promotes a vegetarian and plant-based lifestyle, therefore, avoid articles encouraging the consumption of animal products. However, you may discuss the pros and cons of being a vegetarian or a vegan, etc.
INTERVIEWING: Sometimes, you might feel so inspired by some people that you may wish to interview them. (Interviews are done mainly via e-mail).
1. Write your questions and send them to us for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Send the questions to the person (or their PR company) + CC us at email@example.com.
3. Collect the answers and finalize the interview with an introduction and meticulously copy edit the final doc.
4. Upload the interview within the appropriate category and choose the “interview” button as the sub category into your account.
5. Send us an email when the interview is ready at firstname.lastname@example.org. We then finalize and publish the interview, which goes under your name.
Ready to participate and contribute click here to create an account or log in.Sending you loads of GRATITUDE via Cyberspace!
To all the contributors worldwide, a short note of appreciation.
We do what we do in the first place because WE LOVE PEOPLE and TO CREATE COMMUNITY!
We are ALWAYS open to hear your suggestions, comments, critiques and ideas on any particular aspect of YOGI TIMES (editorial, marketing, website improvement, flow of work, brand image, etc.) so please, do not ever hesitate to speak up and offer your comments to us.
It is always appreciated and, when possible, we love to see these ideas implemented right away.
Last but not least, know that your participation makes a HUGE difference, we see it first end everyday be the amazing flow of emails coming to us from the community, and we want to deeply thank you for supporting us in offering a growing and improving independent media.
Thank you for “doing it” with us.
You can always reach us personally at email@example.com at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Parienti & Jc Gabler
Founders of YOGI TIMES.