It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1490070204 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 24 2 => 24 id_member => 1487815013 3 => 1487815013 posts_title => all about ylang ylang oil 4 => all about ylang ylang oil posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1490070204 6 => 1490070204 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => ylang-ylang-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips 9 => ylang-ylang-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips posts_modified => 1501220714 10 => 1501220714 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 565 13 => 565 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Lucie 15 => Lucie photographer_name => easyvoyage.co.uk 16 => easyvoyage.co.uk feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => cananga odorata 22 => cananga odorata writer_lastname => Middeldorf 23 => Middeldorf photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 2337456 28 => 2337456 state_code => MZ 29 => MZ country_code => PC 30 => PC idStates => 31 => id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => ylang ylang essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 33 => ylang ylang essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1421701745,1312976175,0 35 => 1421701745,1312976175,0 keywords => ylang ylang essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 36 => ylang ylang essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
The oil is taken from the flowers.
With a venerable reputation as a potent aphrodisiac, sweet, floral ylang ylang embellishes the wedding rituals of cultures across the world. Originating in the Philippines, ylang ylang is traditionally used in aromatherapy to sharpen the senses and to temper depression, fear, anger, and jealousy.
For these reasons, and also because of its reputation as an aphrodisiac, the flowers are spread on the beds of the newly married in Indonesia. People throughout the tropics mix coconut oil with ylang ylang to use as a cosmetic and to protect their hair from salt water damage.
Today, as one of the most abundant and least expensive of the true floral-smelling essential oils, it is a favorite in perfumes and cosmetics and is even added to some beverages and desserts.
• Dispels anger and creates a feeling of peace.
• Known to be an antidepressant that can stimulate circulation, relieve muscle spasms, lower blood pressure and relax nerves.
• The powerfully exotic, yet soothing scent of ylang ylang may help overcome fear, anxiety and impatience, and usher in a more balanced state of soft mindfulness.
• The euphoric qualities of this exquisite scent may make it valuable in overcoming depression, apathy, anxiety, tension, PMT, menopausal problems, shock, fear and panic, while the aphrodisiac qualities make it useful for impotence and frigidity.
• Of all the essential oils, ylang ylang is one of the best at relaxing the mind and the body. Simply sniffing it can slightly lower blood pressure, although taking a bath with the oil or using it in a massage oil greatly enhances the relaxation experience. It can be helpful in cases of stress, shock, or anxiety.
• Ylang ylang is believed to be an excellent aid for those suffering high blood pressure and insomnia.
• When used as a hair tonic, it balances oil production. Add about 3 drops in hair conditioner.
• It is particularly useful with rapid breathing and rapid heartbeat and may also help with reducing high blood pressure and useful for intestinal infections.
• On the skin, ylang-ylang oil has a soothing effect and its balancing action sorts out over-dry as well as overly-oily skin by balancing the secretion of sebum, and has a stimulating effect on the scalp which promotes more luxurious hair growth.
Excessive use can cause headaches and nausea.