Quinoa (keen-waa) is the amazing grain crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. Considered a pseudo-cereal rather than a true cereal, it is high in protein and fiber. Not only is quinoa is very versatile, it also tastes delicious and has a nice crunch if not overcooked. It is a great staple in your healthy kitchen, and easily replacing rice or pasta in many recipes.
In this Mexican vegan recipe, traditional ceviche gets an upgrade. Enjoy this as an appetizer or a light lunch!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (2 cups Quinoa for 5 cups of water – boil for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 red onion diced super small
- 2 tomatoes diced small
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced small
- 1 jalapeno diced super small (you dont want to bite big chunks of it)
- 1 small buch cilantro chopped
- 4 limes (juice)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado diced (to serve)
Mix all the ingredientes in a bowl.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with avocado and corn tostadas.
Share this authentic Mexican vegan recipe with your friends and family today!