setting a clear intention
Published: 27-06-2019 - Last Edited: 10-11-2022
everything that is created… is at first a clear intention
A big part of my work as a Relationship & Communication Coach is to help people set clear intentions. We all want to set an intention as the intention is at the base of every dream. It is what fuels our creative power and what will fulfill our needs, in all areas of our life, from love, relationships, spiritual awakening, and abundance.
Author and renowned spiritual leader Deepak Chopra stated from the classic Vedic text of India (known as the Upanishads), “You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
Yet, as any seed planted, intentions can’t grow if you do not nurture them and release them into the depth of your consciousness.
Below are some simple ways to stay connected to a clear intention, and be a stand for you to stay focused on it.
READ ALSO >>>> Partnering with mindfulness <<<<
Step 1: Be clear on what your intention is.
Formulate it in a positive way, and state it as concisely as possible. Stay away from negative and long statements of what you don’t want. Instead, use positive and short sentences.
Ex: my intention is to experience an extraordinary relationship
Step 2: Make sure you are aligned with your intention.
Once you have set a clear intention, your main work is to stay on track with what you truly want. The way you do that is by staying extremely vigilant that your thoughts, speech, actions, and attitudes are in full alignment with your clear intention.
Take time daily to reflect by asking yourself these questions:
- Thought – Are my thoughts in alignment with my intention? Is what I am thinking in alignment with what I want? How clear are my thoughts?
- Speech – Is my speech impeccable, positive, and in alignment with my intention?
- Action – Are my actions demonstrating my intention? Are they coming from a place of self-love and clarity?
- Attitude – Is my attitude one that reflects my intention?
What does nurturing an extraordinary relationship look like for you?
- Home time is devoted to my partner (no calls, no emails, etc.), more time alone as a couple, weekly date planned, and organized.
What are the actions I have not taken that I could start taking today?
- Ex: organizing more surprises for my partner, asking more genuine questions to get to know better my partner
Check-in with yourself from time to time and assess if you are truly in alignment with what you say you want so you can be on your way to realizing your dreams. Authentic communication with yourself is key to staying on track with your intention.
If you are looking to deepen your relationships and learn the basics of authentic communication (with yourself and others) take a look at this online course – Transformative Communication – 4-hour guidance as an easy and life-enhancing approach for better relationships.
Read next >> contact yoga – yoga of relationship