red lentil loaf healthy gluten free vegan recipe
This red lentil loaf is a delicious vegan and gluten-free meal. Easy-to-make and tastes great the next day, it’s a nutritious meal you can have throughout the week!
• Preheat oven to 350°-375°.
• Combine the ingredients in a casserole dish, placing the kombu, bay leaves, and star anise inside as best you can (so they are not just sitting on top).
• Cover the ingredients with 2-3 cups of water.
• Cook for 45 minutes; be sure to check and stir after 20 minutes (you might need to add more water to have your desired consistency).
• When the beans are soft, remove the lid to allow the top to get more well-done and extra water to evaporate. Don’t forget to remove the bay leaves and star anise before serving. Keep your leftovers to reheat the next day for a delicious 3-minute meal.