It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1489981087 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 24 2 => 24 id_member => 1487815013 3 => 1487815013 posts_title => all about peppermint oil 4 => all about peppermint oil posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1489981087 6 => 1489981087 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => peppermint-essential-oil-effects-uses-beauty-tips 9 => peppermint-essential-oil-effects-uses-beauty-tips posts_modified => 1504148555 10 => 1504148555 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 281 13 => 281 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Lucie 15 => Lucie photographer_name => reset.me 16 => reset.me feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => mentha piperita 22 => mentha piperita writer_lastname => Middeldorf 23 => Middeldorf photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 2337456 28 => 2337456 state_code => MZ 29 => MZ country_code => PC 30 => PC idStates => 31 => id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => peppermint essential oil effects uses beauty tips 33 => peppermint essential oil effects uses beauty tips id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1312976175,0 35 => 1312976175,0 keywords => peppermint essential oil effects uses beauty tips 36 => peppermint essential oil effects uses beauty tips img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
The oil comes from the flowering herb.
Peppermint is a native of the Mediterranean region. The world's oldest surviving text, the 'Ebers Papyrus,' mentions the use of peppermint as a stomach soother. Mint spread from Egypt to Palestine, where it was accepted as payment for taxes. Cultivated by the ancient Egyptians, dried peppermint leaves have been found in a tomb dated at 370BC.
Greek and Roman housewives added mint to milk to prevent it from spoiling. They served mint after meals as an aid to digestion. Both the Chinese and the Ayurvedic physicians of India used mint as a digestive aid, as a tonic and as a treatment for coughs, colds and fevers. In both ancient Greece and Rome, peppermint adorned the tables of feasts and people crowned themselves with peppermint.
Peppermint was also used to flavor wine and was added to bathwater for its restorative properties. In Victorian times, peppermint was added to hot water for mopping floors in order to remove negativity.
• Become sharper, clearer, more focused. Reconnect to your purpose.
• Anti-inflammatory; relieves pain, muscle spasms, and cramping; relaxes the nerves; kills viral infections; decreases gas and indigestion; clears lung congestion; reduces fever.
• A delightful, multi-purpose oil, it can help restore the spirit, revive a tired body, calm hysteria, stimulate the mind and encourage clear thinking.
• Used throughout history as an aphrodisiac by men and women, peppermint is said to stimulate virility and be helpful for impotence and sexual frigidity.
• Peppermint helps the digestion of heavy foods and relieves flatulence and intestinal cramping, actually relaxing the digestive muscles so they operate more efficiently. A massage over the abdomen with an oil containing peppermint can greatly aid intestinal spasms, indigestion, nausea, and irritable bowel syndrome.
• Peppermint essential oil is included in most liniments, where it warms by increasing blood flow, relieving muscle spasms and arthritis.
• Peppermint relieves the itching of ringworm, herpes simplex, scabies, and poison oak. It also clears sinus and lung congestion when inhaled directly or when a vapor balm is rubbed on the chest. It also destroys many bacteria and viruses.
Vaporized for sinus congestion and infections and at the onset of a cold. Considered great for helping with mental fatigue and concentration.
Do not use in combination with homeopathy. Can inhibit sleep in strong doses. Too much topically can burn the skin.