This recipe is a creative spin on the typical basil-based pesto pasta, and a great way to sneak some hearty greens into a family friendly dish.
1. Lightly steam the kale.
2. In the meantime, heat teaspoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and use to toast the walnuts, stirring frequently until golden brown and are fragrant.
3. Place steamed kale, toasted walnuts, grated cheese and garlic a food processor. Puree as you slowly drizzle remaining 1/2 c of olive oil in a thin stream.
Pesto is done when smooth and creamy. Stir in salt and pepper to taste and add to your pasta and stir.
Read more articles on kale below:
• raw kale salad
• kale and spinach turnovers
• 10 health benefits of eating kale
• crispy kale chips
• savory bread pudding with kale
• kale recipes for kids
• Pineapple Cucumber and Kale Smoothie