The subtle energies of the human body resonate with the energy systems of the universe and our body has been perfectly created to function optimally, providing we live in harmony with nature.
Breathing polluted air, eating unnatural food, drinking chemical-laden water, ingesting toxic medication, smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, absorbing electro-magnetic pollution, experiencing continuous stress and using inorganic body and household products disrupts our body’s energies which affects its innate self-healing capacity.
Traditional Indian energy healers were abundantly enlightened with Mother Nature’s healing practices to treat the underlying cause of dis-ease by detoxifying, strengthening and aligning the body’s physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energies.
To heal and prevent infections, practice the following:
Traditionally, fasting was recommended during illness to detoxify the body and allow energy reserves to be directed towards self-healing. A juice fast is a liquid diet consisting of unlimited amounts of raw cold-pressed fruit, vegetable and herb juice, consumed for 3-5 days.
Include the following juices to heal common infections:
• Skin infections – guava, papaya flesh and seeds, wheat and barley grass.
• Eye infections – watermelon, kiwi, carrot, lemon, spinach and coriander.
• Ear infections – black cherry, pineapple, cabbage, turnip, basil and red chili.
• Lung infections – apple, blueberry, radish, fenugreek, ginger and garlic.
• Kidney infections – pear, cranberry, beetroot, celery, lime and turmeric.
• Bladder infections – pomegranate, grapefruit, pumpkin and gooseberry.
Apply the following acupressure treatments on an empty stomach to heal and prevent infections:
• To stimulate detoxification, massage the back, applying small circular motions for five minutes, two times a day. Start at the crown of the head, continue down the sides of the neck, down each side of the spine and end at the lower back. Diluted neem essential oil can be used, which is a potent anti-infective.
• To activate self-healing, firmly massage all of your fingers and toes for ten minutes in total, two times a day. The energy flow of each bodily system begins and ends within the fingers and toes.
• To improve circulation, brush the soles of your feet for a few minutes, two times a day using a hard bristled brush.
This Breath Retention Exercise increases oxygenation, enhances detoxification, and strengthens lung capacity, which empowers the entire body to self-heal.
• To practice, sit outdoors in Sukhasana (Easy Pose) and close your eyes.
• Inhale for a mental count of four.
• Retain your breath for a mental count of four.
• Exhale for a mental count of four.
• Pause for a mental count of four.
• During the retention and pause do not inhale or exhale.
• Repeat eleven times.
• Practice two times a day to heal and prevent infections.
The Prithvi Mudra strengthens the root chakra where life energy reserves are stored. A healthy root chakra is essential for self-healing.
• To practice, place the tip of your thumb and the tip of your ring finger together.
• Relax and extend your index, middle and little finger.
• Practice two times a day for twenty minutes each.
Traditionally, common metals were used to empower the glands and organs of the body. Each metal was believed to possess specific healing properties and was administered through concentrated charged water.
Silver-charged water increases strength and stamina and possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
To prepare silver-charged water:
• Thoroughly wash 30-40 grams of pure silver coins, pure silver jewelry or pure silver pieces.
• Boil one litre of water in a stainless steel pan.
• Add the silver to the boiling water.
• Continue to boil until half of the water has evaporated.
• Remove the silver and filter the silver-charged water through a fine muslin cloth, two times.
• Divide into three cups and drink one cup of warm silver-charged water before each meal.
• Prepare fresh silver-charged water daily, using the same silver.
• Continue for four weeks and refrain from eating sour foods during this time.
Note: It is advisable to start this practice after the 3-5 day juice fast.
Traditionally, mustard seeds were used as a chest poultice to warm the chest, increase blood flow, relieve pain and draw out impurities to heal lung and bronchial infections.
• To prepare a mustard poultice, grind one tablespoon of mustard seeds.
• Add four tablespoons of garbanzo bean flour (chickpea).
• Add one teaspoon of cold-pressed sesame seed oil.
• Combine with a little warm water to make a thick paste.
• Spread the mixture on to two small pieces of cotton.
• Place one on the chest and one on the back.
• Secure them in place with a warm bandage.
• Leave in place for up to twelve hours.
• Remove, wash the area and replace if necessary.
• Continue for up to three days.
The traditional natural practices for infections assist in aligning the body’s energies with the cosmic energies to instill inner balance and harmony and restore optimal health.