It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Array ( [cityNAME] => [cityID] => 5 [cityLINKS] => [countryCode] => [popup] => Array ( [city] => Ashburn [country] => United States ) )$_COOKIE:
Array ( )$_POST:
Array ( )$prow:
id_posts => 1490067508 0 => many letters(content text :)) id_city => 0 1 => 0 id_category => 24 2 => 24 id_member => 1312976175 3 => 1312976175 posts_title => all about lime oil 4 => all about lime oil posts_content => many letters(content text :)) 5 => many letters(content text :)) posts_date => 1490067508 6 => 1490067508 posts_status => Y 7 => Y comment_status => Y 8 => Y posts_link => lime-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips 9 => lime-essential-oil-effects-benefits-uses-beauty-tips posts_modified => 1504850213 10 => 1504850213 jml_comment => 0 11 => 0 ord => 0 12 => 0 posts_hit => 515 13 => 515 posts_origin => N 14 => N writer_name => Lucie 15 => Lucie photographer_name => templespa.com 16 => templespa.com feature => N 17 => N ingredient => 18 => servefor => 19 => id_approve => 1312976175 20 => 1312976175 kunci => Approve 21 => Approve subposts => citrus aurantifolia 22 => citrus aurantifolia writer_lastname => Middeldorf 23 => Middeldorf photographer_lastname => 24 => notes => 25 => time_a => 26 => time_b => 27 => city_code => 916068 28 => 916068 state_code => 02 29 => 02 country_code => ID 30 => ID idStates => 1907 31 => 1907 id_photographer => 0 32 => 0 titletag => lime essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 33 => lime essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips id_edited => 2 34 => 2 id_member_edited => 1312976175 35 => 1312976175 keywords => lime essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips 36 => lime essential oil effects benefits uses beauty tips img_header => 37 => img_header_mobile => 38 => thumbnail => 39 => rectangle_image => 40 => header_image => 41 => square_image => 42 => featured_home => 0 43 => 0 listicle => 0 44 => 0
Known back as far as Roman times, the lime (or linden) tree - cherished for its attraction to honey bees - was the ancient emblem of German villages and still grows in profusion today.
Originally from Asia, it is now cultivated in most warm countries, especially Italy, the West Indies and the Americas. It was introduced into Europe by the Moors and from there it migrated to the Americas. Ships transporting it were called ‘lime juicers’, and ship crews depended on it to prevent scurvy, because of the high vitamin C content.
• Lime essential oil is well known in folklore for its ability to cleanse, purify and renew the spirit and the mind. It is also said to be effective in cleansing the aura.
• Clears any heated emotions and returns you to a place of calm and ease.
• Antiseptic, antiviral, astringent, aperitif, bactericidal, disinfectant, febrifuge, haemostatic, restorative and tonic.
• A gentle astringent oil, the sharp fragrance of lime may help to calm and soothe, but it is claimed to also bring the dual benefits of refreshing the mind, and uplifting and warming jaded spirits.
• Lime oil can stimulate and refresh a tired mind and is said to help with depression.
• This oil is used in calming teas and to ease headaches, palpitations and hypertension.
• Sheets scented with lime are said to induce the sweetest sleep.
• Lime oil is useful to cool fevers associated with colds, sore throats and flu, and aids the immune system while easing coughs, bronchitis and sinusitis, as well as helping asthma.
• It can be helpful for arthritis, rheumatism and poor circulation, as well as for obesity and cellulite, and has an astringent and toning action to clear oily skin and acne. It also helps with herpes, insect bites and cuts.
When diffused, it may help with mental fatigue, depression and apathy.
Spoils easily when exposed to light. Store carefully. Can cause photosensitivity in strong sunshine and can irritate the skin.