It looks like you are using an AD Blocker, we understand and we would like to share that we are an online media living partly living off advertising revenues. Please turn off your blocker or Subscribe to YOGI Times and we will turn off the ADs for you for one year.
Yoga creates grace and sophistication to all who executes a pose. Maybe it is because of the elegance and poise that is perceived when one practices. Your body moving into what feels good; stretching and swaying in the gentle ease of the motions. Sweat sparkling down the nape of your neck as your body creates heat and builds strength. Smart elegance and sophistication are centered in yoga. Knowing when to push and when to back off is smart. It is never sexy to put yourself in a pose that your body is not ready to perform.
Chic yoga is about taking the time with yourself and acknowledging where your body needs improvement and recognizing your gains. It assists in building self-assurance while taking away the underlying insecurities. You are never lost to the world and their predetermined judgements. In yoga, you can let go of the pretenses and embrace your individuality. Here are a few tips and poses to become the chic yoga that you deserve.
1. Do not deprive yourself of yourself. Life will challenge, stress, and deter you from what is important. It is essential that you fuel your body with the strength it needs to overcome and find balance.
2. Embrace today. Everybody wishes for more time. Learn to set time for your priorities. You will not be able to embrace and enjoy life if you are too busy living the life you do not like.
3. Be Honorable. When you set your path on values that are clear, you will find an easier time making conscious decisions that will lead you down the right path. Take a moment to think about the 5 most important values in your life.
4. Acceptance. Every man or women is born with or developed what society, or your individual self may see as flaw. Accept your individuality and learn to be comfortable in your own skin. It is far better to accept something that may not be perfect than fighting to change something that cannot be helped.
5. Practice Yoga. It is not about how flexible you are or what weight you are at. Yoga is not biased. It does not hold a stereotype. Yoga starts when you begin. Yoga is about being good to yourself. Breath, meditation, and poses, all contribute an overall sense of well-being. Who could want more?
Enjoy theses Yoga poses below, and be a Chic Yogi!
1. Forward Fold: Begin standing nice and tall in mountain pose. Hands dangling to your sides. Take a deep breath and reach your hands all the way up to the sky. Exhale, bend from your hips and try to touch the floor with your hands. It is okay if you cannot touch your toes. Bend your knees to give your hamstrings a little break or use props. Remember, what you are experiencing tells you what places are tight and what places feel good. Focus on the present. With time and patience, your hamstrings will loosen up. Do not give up! This pose is designed to stretch your hips, hamstring, and calves, while lengthening your spine. It helps to calm the mind and bring you back to your breath.
2. Pigeon Pose: There are two reactions to the pigeon pose, some people absolutely cringe with the mention or some people love it. From downward facing dog, lift your right leg and bring your right knee forward. Turn your right hip out so that your knee is aligned with the hip socket. You can adjust your right foot as needed for tightness or for a deeper stretch. Make sure your left leg is extended back, your foot is lying flat, and you are in line with your hip socket. You can either stay upright or you can lower your upper body to fold over that right leg. Pigeon works on your hips and pelvis while letting go of fears and anxieties that you may be holding. If this pose seems impossible at the present moment, back out of it. Always pay attention to what feels good and what feels painful.
3. Cobra Pose: Line with your stomach down on the floor. Stretch your legs back with the tops of your feet on the floor. Spread your hands on the floor underneath your shoulders. Press the top of your feet, thighs, and pelvis into the floor. Inhale and begin to straighten the arms, while lifting the chest off of the floor. Relax your shoulders down. They should not be touching your ears. Keep a connection between your pelvis and the floor. Hold the pose for 30 seconds while keeping your breath steady. This pose assists in strengthening your back and stomach muscles, while stretching the chest and shoulders. It aids in digestions and assists in relaxing a tired back and shoulders.
4. Tree Pose: Begin in mountain pose with the sides of your feet touching. Your shoulders should be relaxed and open, preparing for the pose at hand. The arms should be by your side. Take a deep breath and ground your left foot. Lift your right leg and bend at the knee. Place the sole of your right foot against the left inner thigh. This pose can be modified by placing your right foot against your left ankle or knee, depending on your comfort level. Tree pose allows you to rejuvenate and relax while building strength in your legs. For you to achieve this pose, your eyes must be open, your foot needs to be firmly planted, and your breath and mind need to stay calm.
Chic Yoga is not about getting into challenging poses or obtaining flexibility to do the splits. It is about loving who you are and where you are at in the present moment. Be good to yourself and let go. Create your own calm and never lose sight of what is important.